Call Center Software Features You Need To Succeed
- 18 features optimal call centre software must include
- 1. International numbers
- 2. Free numbers
- 3. Unlimited calls
- 4. Time-based routing
- 5. IVR
- 6. Smart routing
- 7. Personalized queues
- 8. Priority routing
- 9. CRM integration
- 10. Automatic file retrieval
- 11. Double-listening
- 12. Whisper mode
- 13. Call recording
- 14. Real-time monitoring
- 15. Advanced statistics
- 16. Call tags
- 17. After-call work
- 18. Collaborative text messaging
How do I choose the right call center software? What are a successful call center's essential features? Which tools will increase agent performance?Managing a call center is a precise science with 3 essential prerequisites:
- Motivated and well-trained agents,
- Line organization,
18 features optimal call centre software must include
1. International numbers2. Free numbers3. Unlimited calls4. Hourly routing5. IVR6. Smart routing7. Personalized queues8. Priority routing9. CRM integration10. Automatic file retrieval11. Double-listening12. Whisper mode13. Call recording14. Real-time monitoring15. Advanced statistics16. Call tags17. After-call work18. Collaborative text messaging
1. International numbers
Be close to your customers. To facilitate communication with the people who are likely to reach your call center, it is important to provide them with a local number. At least a number of their nationality. For example, if you have a French number to manage your international support, your foreign customers will not take the risk to reach you under penalty of paying communication fees that can be exorbitant. Even if you make the effort to set up a toll-free number internationally, the psychological barrier of calling a number that does not have the alias of his country will prevent a large part of your customers from contacting you. For an efficient close to its targets, set up an international number for each country in which you are established. Discover how international numbers work and the .
2. Free numbers
On the same principle, setting up toll-free numbers to encourage your customers to call you is essential to make your company reachable in the best conditions. When implementing marketing campaigns inviting prospects to contact you (be it emailing, TV or print advertising), displaying a toll-free number and specifying it will greatly increase your conversion rate while reinforcing your brand image. Learn more about the benefits of with Ringover and the countries where you can get them.
3. Unlimited calls
If your telephony system and the subscription you have with your operator do not allow you to make unlimited outbound calls, you risk losing total financial control of your contact center. This is obvious for a contact center that has functions with a very large number of outbound calls. But it is also obvious for a customer support center. Indeed, in many situations, giving the possibility to your agent to call back after a first call will considerably improve the quality of your service and the satisfaction of your customers: the caller has the same interlocutor, no waiting time and the approach is personalized.With Ringover, benefit from included in your package in France and abroad.
4. Time-based routing
Time-based routing simply allows you to organize your contact center according to the time of day or week. Depending on the time of day a call is received, it will not be handled in the same way depending on which team is currently staffed. This is a basic feature for most call center software simply because it is essential to the proper functioning of any entity. On the other hand, time routing systems can be more or less flexible and more or less intuitive. With well-designed VoIP systems, you can manage your call center's schedule and time slot scenarios from start to finish from a simple and ergonomic online interface.
Discover the Ringover hyper-intuitive time .
As we mentioned earlier, setting up your call center switchboard involves configuring a set of scenarios and redirections that make up your Interactive Voice Response or IVR.
"To contact a consultant, press 1..." "You are already a subscriber? TAPE 2...""Want to know more about our services? TAPE 3...""Please wait, we will take your call soon...""You are currently 5th in line... "As you can see, your IVR consists of a succession of steps which can be :
- A voice menu with voice or digital commands
- An informative message
- A waiting message
- A music on hold
- The administration of a questionnaire
Here again, you will notice that the configuration of your is an essential feature for all call center software that makes inbound calls. And here again, the solutions will differ according to their ease of use. For some software, configuration changes require the intervention of your provider, which complicates the process considerably. With modern VoIP systems, you can usually set up everything online from an intuitive interface to set up more or less complex scenarios on your own.
6. Smart routing
is an advanced feature of call center software. A classic routing system allows you to redirect calls according to basic rules via a voice menu. Depending on the interaction between the caller and your Interactive Server, the call will be routed to this or that step of your scenario, or to this or that agent. Smart routing is a system that allows you to set up redirections, not only based on the caller's answers, but also on your own CRM data. The possibilities are endless. Typically, if a customer registered in your CRM calls you, you can adapt the scenario according to his country of origin, his language, his price plan, his customer manager... or, as you may have understood, any data present in your information systems
7. Personalized queues
When your switchboard is overloaded, your callers are put on hold. This is a particularly sensitive issue for call centers because hold time is the number one dissatisfier for your customers and prospects. With a poorly configured switchboard, hold times can extend indefinitely until the caller hangs up in frustration, with no prospect or follow-up. Call center teams are strongly advised to ask themselves the right questions in order to set up their call center in a way that will reduce hold time stress points.
It is essential to determine queue rules. Among other things, you can:
- Redirect calls to specific agent groups based on the waiting time. Example: after 2 minutes of waiting, if the agents of group A are still busy, transfer the call to group B, and so on.
- Define maximum waiting times until a voice message informs the caller and recommends that he/she call back on certain time slots where the tension is less intense
- Inform the person of their place in the queue. The worst part of the waiting phenomenon is the lack of information about the waiting time
For more tips on reducing wait time, see our blog article: .
8. Priority routing
9. CRM integration
To discover all features made possible by integration with your business tools, see details by tool in our section dedicated to integrations.
10. Automatic file retrieval
12. Whisper mode
13. Call recording
- A training tool: with newcomers on your team, it's important to coach them and give them feedback on their first calls. By re-listening to calls with them, you can point out positive aspects and areas for improvement based directly on their recorded conversations.
- A management tool: if you want to monitor your agents' speech, you can easily take the time to listen to conversations repeatedly from your phone system software.
- A legal tool: in the event of a dispute with a client, you can use conversation history to verify what was said, which can legally stand as valid proof in court.
- A caveat: since call recording is subject to legal constraints, you need to inform callers that the call is being recorded ahead of time and obtain their express consent.
Find out how to activate with Ringover and discover all its advantages on our dedicated page.
14. Real-time monitoring
For call centre managers, real-time management is crucial to ensure performance.How many agents are on the phone? Who's currently available? What's today's service level? What's the average queue time at time T?
With the Ringover administrator interface, you can access with comprehensive real-time figures.
15. Advanced statistics
16. Call tags
17. After-call work
18. Collaborative text messaging
Today, with a multitude of communication methods between brands and buyers, call centres tend to become multi-channel centres. In this context, the use of text messaging has greatly evolved.With the collaborative text messaging feature, your clients can , and your agents can answer directly and instantly from their call interface for maximal responsiveness.