Here are the 6 best software for AI-driven video analysis on the market
The top software for AI-driven video analysis
|Empower by Ringover
|€69 per user per month
|Pay for what you use
|Google Cloud Video Intelligence
|Pricing per minute. First 1000 minutes free
|Community: free Essential: $30 per month Professional: 300$ per month
|Microsoft Azure - Video Indexer
|Pricing per minute.
|Free or from $49 per month depending on the plan purchased.
1. Empower by Ringover
If we had to choose one of these applications to be top of the list, it would without a doubt be Empower by Ringover. The ability to analyze videos using AI gives your teams an advantage over competitors. Translate conversations taking place in your meetings, transcribe video to text, analyze the speaker's voice and even analyze the sentiment behind the client's or prospect's expressions. This gives your teams a wealth of very valuable information that can help improve and adapt the sales pitch or the way we assist our clients when they have an issue. As your contacts talk, Empower's software can automatically analyze what's beyond the words.
- Intuitive interface
- Affordable pricing
- Integration with more than 50 CRMs
- AI-enhanced functions
- 100% scalable
You can enjoy the Empower feature for only $69 a month. This price includes access to all AI-related applications for businesses.
2. Amazon Rekognition
Amazon's video analysis software helps incorporate image and video analysis into all other applications. The way to do this is simple, you just have to upload the media file to the Amazon Rekognition API, and it will automatically, among other things, identify objects, people or activities to categorize videos and organize them. Another great aspect of this software is that it can extract text related to the images.
Amazon Rekognition can also analyze facial expressions. This facial recognition also helps to find faces by comparing features. This is really useful if you want to verify users, do a headcount or, on an extreme scale, use it as a tool to improve public safety. Another thing it can do is detect inappropriate content.
- Customizable tags
- Inappropriate content detection
- Extensive possibilities with its functions
- Integration with other AWS software
Depending on what you want to use, you will be charged accordingly. Each function is charged separately but each starts from $0.10 per minute.
3. Google Cloud Video Intelligence
The almighty Google couldn't not have a built-in video analysis tool. That is why at the beginning of this year, Google launched its AI-driven applications. Google Cloud Video AI is one of them.
This software can detect more than 20000 objects, people and text in both recorded and streaming videos. Google offers it in two different categories: AutoML Video Intelligence and API Video Intelligence AutoML Video is a slightly more advanced version and is recommended for larger projects.
- Customizable tags
- Content regulation
- Integration with all other Google platforms
- Extract text from IMG and videos
The first 1,000 minutes are free. After that, the price per minute varies depending on the function that you need, from $0.10 to $0.15.
Clarifai is a North American company founded 10 years ago. Initially the company offered a free or paid service for image and video recognition and six models through an API and an iPhone app called Forevery. Its services have since evolved and today it offers video analysis services using artificial intelligence.
Among the solutions available are recognition of objects and faces, automatic extraction of meta information in each of the videos, the ability to discern between all the content provided and detect duplicates, or even provide product recommendations based on visual similarity.
- Content moderation
- Object analysis
- Facial recognition
- Automatic labeling using AI and pre-made models
- Prevents duplicate content
Pricing is split into 3 groups depending on your company's needs:
- Community: free
- Essential: $30/month
- Professional: $300/month
5. Microsoft Azure - Video Indexer
Not surprisingly, Microsoft has also created a video analysis tool with business AI.: Video Indexer. This software can, among other things, extract metadata and separate voice from images, automatically analyzing videos thanks to its different integrated learning models.
This can be useful for you to create new search experiences in all applications and above all to draw conclusions from multimedia content. By creating different video categories, Azure allows you to identify objects and people, creating tags that help regroup the content into similar categories.
This function is particularly interesting for monetizing your videos, as, thanks to the meta information extracted, you can link these videos to advertisements from related companies, thus targeting even more potential clients.
- Identification of brand names in any multimedia content
- Automatic subtitle generation
- Voice extraction in audio
- Possibility to detect people with facial recognition of famous people or those included in your database
Microsoft Azure Video Index offers a free account limited to 10 hours of analyzed material. After that, the price is based on the length of the file uploaded. Indexing is priced by audio analysis, video analysis or both.
Lumeo is a Canadian company that was originally created with the aim of offering a solution to improve neighborhood security. Since then it has continued to develop in a very focused way to give companies a much more powerful video tool.
Its software serves to improve the service of many companies in different sectors such as security, transport, health care and events. Another major sector where Lumeo operates is retail where it is used to count the number of people entering and leaving a store, extracting interesting data such as the level of occupancy, the average amount of time spent visiting the store... And not only that, but it can also determine the gender and age of each customer.
- Detects people's gender and age
- Easy to integrate with your analysis tools
- Fully customizable using a drag and drop
- Templates available to get started using the software
From $49 a month depending on the plan purchased. It follows a usage model where payment is made per stream or video processed, not per analysis. If you have a large volume of content to analyze, you can obtain certain discounts.
What is video analysis?
AI-driven video analysis is the analysis of different videos, both recorded and streamed in real time. This analysis software process the video and extract metadata and other information from them that is of interest to companies. Among these, we can find data such as the age and gender of people in the video, facial recognition, detect language unsuitable for minors, or track objects to categorize these videos according to theme. And all of this is done automatically thanks to deep learning.
We can apply this to the communication sector and companies using it to boost the productivity of their support and sales teams, helping them transcribe the audio of a video to text, instantly translating content into both French and English.
How is video analysis done?
To achieve a good video analysis with artificial intelligence, the first thing you need to do is choose the right tool for the job. If you are looking to analyze a business video or a business meeting in which you are participating, a good option is the Empower by Ringover solution which lets you create transcriptions and translations, helping you understand the content and form more accurate conclusions.
These analysis solutions use very powerful algorithms based on deep learning, i.e. machine learning. This helps the tool to acquire more and more experience with every video analyzed, accumulating knowledge with each piece of content it examines. Among the AI analysis algorithms are those which help detect people, objects or images and store all of the information, creating a database that can be used for various purposes such as content regulation, avoiding content duplication, road safety, consumer behavior analysis... The possibilities are endless!
Each tool works in a different way, but all share a series of basic steps to follow to analyze a video:
- Install the chosen video analysis software.
- The software detects movement and, in a second stage, detects information on each object or person it sees.
- This information is automatically compared with that which is stored in a database.
- The software carries out an extensive analysis and generate a report with the previously established KPIs.
What are AI-based video analysis tools?
AI-based video analysis tools work using complex algorithms and deep learning and help retrieve metadata from a video, index it and use it to improve a company's performance based on the industry. An effective AI-based video analysis tool is able to process and collect data from a digital video, drawing a series of conclusions from it.
Advantages and benefits of using Artificial Intelligence based analysis tools
Although this type of analysis tool is starting to be used more frequently and, thanks to continuous technological advances, they are becoming more and more beneficial for companies, we must bear in mind that they also have a number of disadvantages to be considered. Here is a list of pros and cons of using this software.
Benefits of AI-based analysis ✅
The benefits of AI-based analysis ultimately have a real impact on the decisions made by managers, improving competitive strategies and increasing business creativity. Here are a few of the many advantages:
- Automates repetitive processes and tasks without the need for employee intervention.
- Increased scalability: AI is a 100% scalable technology capable of adapting to small and large companies alike.
- Increased precision: Thanks to artificial intelligence, certain human errors have been significantly reduced. For example, AI helps make decisions in a more focused way where they were previously made manually.
- Production control: In some sectors, such as production lines, AI helps detect possible cracks or errors in parts using infrared, preventing it from becoming a serious problem when it leaves the production line.
- Speed of analysis: AI-based analysis tools can create reports and reach conclusions almost immediately. This helps greatly reduce the time each task takes, helping to save on production time.
- Improved decision making: Having so much information helps managers make better business decisions following models presented by artificial intelligence.
- Cost reduction: Although there is a significant initial investment when purchasing the AI-based analysis tool, in the long term it will result in a reduction of costs thanks to its task automation and analysis capabilities.
Disadvantages of AI-based analysis ❌
When it comes to the disadvantages and risks associated with this type of analysis in the business world, here are the two main ones:
- Initial cost, installation and maintenance. Sometimes the total installation time for this solution can be quite significant. When you decide to go ahead with these kinds of projects, you must bear in mind that you will need someone (or sometimes a whole team of people) who understands artificial intelligence and is able to get the most out of this investment. Sometimes you may choose to outsource to these teams.
- Data volume management: It is important from the outset to be clear about what data you would like to extract and, above all, how to organize it. Artificial intelligence helps us extract large volumes of data from videos, however, sometimes this data can be unclear or low value. Additionally, there is the issue of deep learning and the large quantity of quality data that the AI tool must process in order to achieve the self-learning we mentioned above and make much more accurate analysis and decisions. This means that from the outset there must be someone who is able to regulate and "clean" all the information indexed by the software.
What can Ringover offer you?
You don't need to be in a specific industry to use an artificial intelligence-based analysis tool. For sales prospecting and support teams, all you need is an advanced solution that lets you, among other things, analyze the voice and behavior of the person you are speaking to on video. This is particularly useful when you are trying to secure a sale or you want to regain the trust of a disgruntled customer.
All of this is not only thanks to the video analysis function, but also thanks to the other 70 functions that an omnichannel communication solution as comprehensive as Ringover offers you. If you don't know what we're talking about, start your free trial now and discover all that VoIP telephony has to offer for your business communications.