21 august 2019
In effect, addressing the increasing need to bridge communication gaps fostered by constant development and competition is now the incorporation of cloud systems into traditional telecommunications models.
Today, cloud-based phone systems are bringing into the ever-changing business landscape the practicality of previously conceptualized seamless communication links.
As a result, companies are leaning in droves to enjoy the benefits of this modern-day technology, maximize profits and keep apace globally.
In this piece, we examine some of the ways in which using a cloud phone system could transform the way you handle your business.
1. Actively Manage Your Phone BillsAn average phone user could reach up to $840 in wireless voice, data and messaging expenses annually. Further projections on this figure estimate that, for larger companies, there is a possibility that inadequately managed mobile telecom expenses could result in a 30% increase in the regular expenses for cellular voice and data services.
Already, some global companies were seen to be struggling with annual phone bills of more than $20 million. Evidently, one of the leading productivity challenges faced by an average company could be due to cost management issues.
Employing the features of the best cloud phone system promises cost maximization for companies. A PBX or cloud-centric phone will help companies manage their phone bills as well as set up costs.
In many instances, most leading phone companies would charge higher on installing and running an on-site office phone than they would when it is a cloud-based system.
This is invariably one of the best business solutions for small businesses. Small businesses can now reach out to top providers like Verizon or Comcast to build a PBX-based system for them. This can be done using the phones they are operating at that point but in some cases, technicians are invited to set it up and their prices are usually on the high side.
When the cloud-hosted PBX is configured by a virtual service provider, the company spends less and does not have to endure much hassle. For example, if a company uses RingOver, they will not need a custom install because it is configured virtually and thus can be operational in a very short time.
It is possible to use any cell phone or desktop phone that is in use currently or is still in active service. To make this work, there is no need for any additional equipment and this means that the only hardware you need is the phones you already have and this even lowers your cost some more.
2. Manage Your Business Remotely Since it is possible to make this work with phones that the company uses, it is also a very good option if you want to start managing your business while you're on the go.
Your business calls and messages can be efficiently programmed to work on your phone and you may even upgrade to managing all the company's business from a smartphone. This will make it easier for you when you work remotely. Your calls will be handled from wherever you are so there is no need for you to confine yourself to your desk. This is a good option for business owners to key into.
3. Control Your Phone System from AnywhereUsing a cloud-based system will lead to the creation of an online dashboard that contains all the necessary functions and settings. Small businesses can even use it to get the most out of a help desk software rather than asking for tech support.
All that is required to manage the phone system is to log into the account, open the online dashboard and get to the control panel. Any adjustments can be made from the system and accessed on any device whether a tablet, desktop computer or the browser of a mobile phone.
Features you can adjust include:
- Menu options settings/change call menu
- Add or remove forwarding phones
- Add, remove or alter voice mailboxes
- Change operation hours for the system.
4. Better Call QualityThere may be a problem at first with the VoIP phone call system if there is a poor internet connection and the employees are using the bandwidth at a high rate during a particular moment. The result of this bad internet coverage is poor audio and slow connection quality of the calls.
For this reason, VoIP systems' main requirement is that you have a committed internet line for the phone system and that will involve purchasing costly equipment to prevent the call quality from dropping.
5. Transform Your Phone to a Professional Phone SystemHaving one or a couple of phones to manage all business calls only goes to show a lack of professional call management features. Some owners might decide to connect to CRM companies for business owners to help manage their contacts.
However, adding a cloud-hosted system will make sure that all the different phones that are being used will be connected to the system and they will have a call menu.
For instance, callers will be required to press the number of the option they need while the options are routed to a singular phone depending on preference. That is a good way to screen and track calls.
It also offers a professional feature known as business caller ID. Any call you make from your cell or home phone will only display your business number on the outgoing caller ID without showing your personal number. This means that customers will have to call your business number instead of your personal number when they want to reach you.
6. Business VoicemailYou also have the choice to not use your private voicemail for business. The virtual phone system comes in with a business-grade voicemail that is a lot better because it was specially formatted to manage business messages professionally.
A report by Bain & Company shows that 80% of consumers are likely to engage the services of a company with more personalized service rendering. Since good consumer engagement fosters growth within an average organization, employing means of customizing services to accommodate clients’ specific needs is important.
Most cloud phone systems for business and organizations are designed and pre-installed with multiple mailboxes of high capacity for several employees. This allows the owner to set up a different and perhaps more personalized voicemail greeting to be used for business calls.
7. Give Your Callers On-Hold MusicThere is an option to format the standard tone that a caller hears when they call and placed on hold. It can be replaced with any choice of music if the standard tone is not suitable.
Business owners can use any music they want or even make a recording of a custom message. Using a promotional message will be preferable to make the phone system sound very professional too.
8. Make Your Business Sound More ProfessionalCustomers like to call a business line that sounds like they are communicating with an established company. The cloud-hosted platform allows small business owners to add special features like call menu (auto-attendant), business voicemail, on-hold music, and other professional features.
It does not matter if the entire business is being controlled from a single cell phone, it can still be converted into a professional phone system. The customers calling won't be aware that it is only one phone. Apart from sounding professional to the callers, it is a proper professional phone system that any business of any size can make use of.
A Cloud Phone System Will Give Your Business An Extra Boost
Small business owners can use the virtual phone system. And while their company expands, it also grows with them and they can upgrade to a different level with more numbers and also more employees.
The features that a cloud-hosted phone system provides are very useful for small business owners to manage calls and also reassure their callers.